CAMPING-CAR PARK AREA OF CHARNY-SUR-MEUSE, SOUS LE MOULIN
Camping Sous le Moulin 55100 CHARNY-SUR-MEUSE
1/01 - 31/03 : 9,90 €/24h
1/04 - 30/09 : 11,00 €/24h
1/10 - 31/12 : 9,90 €/24h
Parking 5h + services : 5,50 €
+ tourist tax : 1/01 - 31/12 : 0,55 €/nuit
Booking's informations ×
2 booking modes are possible:
1. Book a pitch for the same day using SécuriPlace
You didn't have time to book your pitch in advance? You prefer last-minute planning? (unforeseen weather, events...)
Book a pitch at the last minute using the brand new SécuriPlace system!
SécuriPlace pitches are available as soon as at least 4 pitches are available onsite.
2. Plan your stay by booking in advance
You already planned your next circuit? You want to make sure you will get a pitch as soon as possible?
Book your pitch between 6 months and 48h in advance! Your booking starts from midday on the arrival date to midday on the last day.
In all the cases, the maximum stay on an area is of 21 consecutive days.
Open : All year round – 24h/24
- 8 km from Verdun Memorial and battle fields
- A peaceful natural environment by the River Meuse
- All shops and supermarkets 10 mins away, a bakery 5 mins walk from the site
GPS Coordinates : 49.211209° 5.365987°
THE STOPOVER SITE
Stopover in a 3 hectares of peaceful woodland, by the River Meuse, right next to the key sites of the 14-18 War
- 50 grass pitches, 20 of them stabilised with electricity
- By the River Meuse (fishing allowed), 8 km from Verdun Memorial and battle fields
- 10 minutes from Verdun, known as The World Capital of Peace, and the historical sites of the Great War
- All shops and supermarkets 10 minutes away, 5 minutes walk to the closest bakery
- 100 m from the green way which links Charny-sur-Meuse to Verdun
- A service area and draining zone
Charny-sur-Meuse is the ideal stopover for a combination of nature and historical visits. Rediscover Verdun and the vital monuments which keep national memory alive, from war time combats to reconciliation and peace !
Let yourself be guided along the "Champ de bataille" (battlefield) itinerary, with stop offs at the essential 14-18 sites : Fort Douaumont, Douaumont Ossuary and its Necropolis, the destroyed village of Fleury-devant-Douaumont, and other war ruins.
For an outing in nature, why not take a canoe / kayak down the River Meuse and enjoy the local wildlife? Or you could explore the green way by bicycle ! The route follows the towpath along the River Meuse, taking you through meandering countryside and past the locks : there are 27 km between the villages of Samogneux and Haudainville !
With its plentiful forests and plains, this is a destination which will delight those who enjoy quiet and nature, as well as those who love history !
Don't forget to sample the local speciality: the Verdun sugared almonds!
Stay a little longer, and you can visit Argonne (30 min), the Haute Chevauchée site, the Americain Cemetary in Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, or the Mound of Vauquois, an old hot spot for mine warfare.
- The Ossuary and Douaumont Fort
- The Trenche of the Bayonets
- Fort Vaux
- Verdun Memorial
- The green way which goes through Charny-sur-Meuse and links Samogneux to Haudenville
May : Verdun Venitian Carnival
June / July : "Des flammes...à la lumière" (From flames to light) Europe's biggest sound and light show about the 14-18 war (reserve in advance)