CAMPING-CAR PARK AREA OF TONNAY-CHARENTE, LES CAPUCINS
Quai des capucins 17430 TONNAY-CHARENTE
1/01 - 31/05 : 9,24 €/24h
1/06 - 30/09 : 11,88 €/24h
1/10 - 31/12 : 9,24 €/24h
Parking 5h + services : 5,50 €
+ tourist tax : 1/01 - 31/12 : 1,30 €/nuit
Booking is closed
Open: All year round – 24/7
- 26 pitches by the River Charente
- 15 minutes walk to the town center and shops
- Access to the Sanitary block at the old municipal campsite (from 01/04 until 01/12)
- Special offers at the spas
Coordonnées GPS : 45.93931° -0.88193°
THE STOPOVER SITE
Welcome to the Tonnay-Charente site in the Capucin's garden, close to a wooded area.
- 26 pitchs by the River Charente (10 low down on gravel, and 16 on the upper section, on grass)
- 15 minutes walk to the town center and small shops
- Access to the Sanitary block at the old municipal campsite (from 01/04 until 01/12) with your PASS'ETAPES card
- Picnic tables available
- A Children's play area and petanque courts
- A service area and draining zone
Tonnay-Charente is a commercial port and riverside stop off point, with much to explore, from the historical center to the Suspended Bridge.
This destination is charged with history and well known for its commercial port which is still operational. It is also known for its renovated historical banks, lined with old trader's houses.
Follow the Tonnay marked heritage trail and admire the ruins of the old fortified castle walls, Saint-Etienne Church, the beautiful homes with coloured shutters, the old wineries, the fountains, the wash house, and the renovated market halls which are now a cultural space for concerts, shows and exhibitions.
If you are tempted by a thermal cure treatment at Rochefort Thermal Baths, you can enjoy a special 21 day offer on the site (reservation necessary - call our Customer Service Desk on +33 (0)1 83 64 69 21) :
159,90€ in low season(not including visitor's tax)
205€ in high season (not including visitor's tax)
- The Suspended Bridge is a listed historical monument. From it, you can look down on the rooftops, river banks, and surrounding countryside.
- The pleasure port
- The Statues and Wells Circuit (itinerary 26) : 4h walking, easy level.
- The Castle of the Mortemart-Rochechouart family