"THUIR - CITÉ DU BYRRH" AREA
Chemin du salaou 66300 THUIR
1/01 - 31/07 : 11,88 €/24h
1/08 - 31/08 : 13,20 €/24h
1/09 - 31/12 : 11,88 €/24h
Parking 5h + services : 5,50 €
+ tourist tax : 1/01 - 31/12 : 0,50 €/nuit
Booking is closed
The CAMPING-CAR PARK area of Thuir welcomes you on its 24 pitches. Thuir is a French town located in the Pyrénées-Orientales department, in the Languedoc-Roussillon-Midi-Pyrénées region.
Open: All year round – 24/7
- 10 min away from the city centre and the Byrrh wine cellars
- 500m from the shops and city centre
- Quiet, preserved Natural Reserve
- Bike rides and hikes
GPS Coordinates: Lat : 42.630408°
Long : 2.768145°
The CAMPING-CAR PARK area of Thuir – Cité du Byrhh is located in a quiet natural reserve, 500 m away from the shops and the city centre. Hiking and bike riding lovers will definitely enjoy this destination.
An ancient fortified medieval city and birthplace of the famous aperitif “Byrrh”, Thuir is a dynamic and cultural city. It is also a city that organizes several fairs and famers markets. Thuir is a lively city in all seasons but its summer activities makes it even more captivating.
Thuir has many architectural treasures: the “Cellera” Square, dating back to 950, the Notre Dame de la Victoire Church, the St Sebastien Chapel from the 15th century, the "la Pieta" Chapel from the 12th and the remains of defensive walls and watch towers.
The "Notre Dame de la Victoire" church houses a remarkable lead Romanesque virgin from the 13th century .
Interesting places to visit in Thuir:
- The remains of the ancient fortifications;
- Several ancient houses;
- Byrrh cellars and the largest oak vat in the world capable of holding 10 002 hL (1950). This vat weighs 100 tons when empty, it is 10 metres tall and has diameter of 12,50 metres.
- The Notre-Dame de la Victoire Parish Church, built in the 18th century by reusing some of the remains an old Romanesque church dedicated to St. Peter and an inscription of the 13th century;
- The Saint Sébastien Chapel, a Romanesque chapel;
- The Nostra Senyora de la Pietat Chapel, another Romanesque chapel located on the D612 road, near the roundabout by the entrance of the city;
- The Palauda park and villa;
- The fortified tower and the Vilar chapel;
- The Castle of Saü;
- The "Musée de la Nature et de la Chasse" (Museum of Nature and Hunting);
- The "Musée des Arts et Traditions" (Museum of Arts and Traditions).
How to get there:
- Follow the direction of Thuir's Intermarché
- Go past the Intermarché
- At the small roundabout, take left
- At the end of the road, take right