"CARENTAN - LE PORT" AREA
30 chemin du Grand Bas Pays 50500 CARENTAN
1/01 - 31/12 : 9,60€/24h
Parking 5h + services : 5€
+ tourist tax : 1/01 - 31/12 : 1,46€/nuit
The CAMPING-CAR PARK site of Carentan is near the Allied landing beaches. It has 12 pitches next to the Flower Le Haut-Dick campsite.
Open: All year round – 24h/24
- Enjoy the calm and charm of the antan marshes
- Member of the Regional Natural Reserve of Armorique
- 300 m from the city, fast access to shops and restaurants
- Many activities in the vicinity (excursions, canoe…)
GPS coordinates: Lat : 49.311450°
Long : -1.239570°
Close to the Normandy landings beaches, the CAMPING-CAR PARK site of Carentan - Le Port has 12 pitches, next to the Flower le Haut-Dick campsite, in the middle of the Natural Reserve of the Marais du Cotentin and Bessin.
As its name suggests, the Carentan-Le Port site is located along the port just 5 minutes’ walk from the centre of the beautiful Carentan town.
The port is located on the Haut Dick Canal. You can go towards the sea by taking the towpath adjacent to it. You’ll pass by the Canal Aqueduct and when you arrive at the floodgate, you may explore the paths and little side-roads that will help you cross part of the marsh... finally then, you'll be delighted to see the Veys Bay and its fauna (birds, seals…) and flora.
Carentan is a town of 6000 inhabitants with some very beautiful monuments like the town hall, the arcades and its 13th century wash house.
Carentan is also a historic landmark where part of the history of the 2nd World War's 1944 landings took place. (Episode 3 of the TV series BANDS OF BROTHERS bears the name of Carentan)
Discover this town’s 2nd World War museums and finally go visit the Cotentin Bay.
This Camping-Car Park site is conveniently set next to the Flower Haut Dick campsite (open from April to September) where you may order your bread and viennoiseries for the following day. You can also enjoy its snack bar’s terrace in sunny day.
To get there, while on the National Road 13, take the Carentan exit. Then follow the city's centre direction, after that, take the Port's direction, and finally the Hippodrome's direction.
15 km from Carentan, there is another CAMPING-CAR PARK site: Utah Beach.
Download festivals calendar on Cotentin Bay.
- La Rando Jeu (hiking game): take part in a rally of 9 stages and discover our territory in a ludic way between friends and family…
- Commented tours: you can also rent tablets to follow the circuits. Two commented tours from 50 to 60 km take you along strategic landing spots on France.
- Tickets for the "La Cité de la Mer" City of the Sea has preferential rate: €16.50 for adults instead of €18 and €11.50 for children instead of €13
- Les marais (the marshes)- You can book river tours on boats: aboard the “La Rosée du Soleil” departing from Saint-Hilaire-Petitville and aboard the “Barbey d'Aurévilly II” departing from Saint-Côme-du-Mont
- Sea tours: aboard the Flipper II